West Covina Beautiful is one of the oldest non-profit, community organizations here in West Covina, which has become part of our City’s traditions and subsequent history. A group of civic minded individuals founded this organization in 1948. Each year West Covina Beautiful sponsors activities that promote environmentally sound and beneficial beautification programs:
- West Covina Beautiful has participated in the naming of various streets, parks, the official city flower, “Lily of the Nile” and the city tree “Diamond Leaf Pittosporum”, initiated and completed many programs and donated thousands of trees and shrubs for the beautification of our parks, streets, schools, parkways and business districts.
- West Covina Beautiful initiated the first Anti-Litterbug Campaign, the City-Wide Clean-Up in 1957, and in 1981, initiated the first City-Wide Freeway Off Ramp Clean-up in cooperation with Cal-Trans.
- Each year residences and businesses are recognized for their accomplishments in the beautification of West Covina.
- West Covina Beautiful has been hosting Arbor Day for over 41 years, in honor of dozens of residents for past services to the community.
- West Covina Beautiful has had an integral part of the city being recognized by Tree City USA with a flag to fly over it for more than 30 years.